Gastric bypass surgery (stomach bypass)
In Western Europe, gastric bypass surgery is the most common intervention for the treatment of morbid obesity.
The operation is performed using the laparoscopic technique, during which the surgeon makes 5 small incisions in the abdominal wall and performs the intervention with the tools and instruments introduced through them. The intervention is approx. It takes place in 2 hours, the surgical team prepares the bypass of the stomach with the help of intestinal sewing machines. The surgery simultaneously reduces the volume of the stomach and, by changing the path of the nutrient, also its absorption. Since the stomach's ability to absorb food is significantly reduced, the feeling of satiety develops after eating a small amount of food. This helps to control food intake. By eliminating or bridging a part of the digestive tract, the absorption of the consumed nutrients is also limited, which also contributes to the development of a healthy body weight.
Thanks to gastric bypass surgery, it is expected that 70-80% of the patients' excess weight will disappear 18-24 months after the operation. A lasting result requires the formation and maintenance of new eating habits and a change in lifestyle.
The price does not include the fee for the pre-surgery examinations and the post-surgery care package, as well as the price of any necessary special tools and histological examination that may arise during the surgery
- Before surgery, you must attend a bariatric specialist consultation with the operating doctor.
- If the doctor recommends surgery, a pre-surgery examination must be performed: laboratory, EKG, echocardiogram, abdominal ultrasound, chest X-ray, gastroscopy, dietary consultation, psychologist and anesthesiology (anesthesiologist) consultation. These can be performed at the Duna Medical Center or, with the exception of cardiology and anesthesiology consultations, at any other institution.
- It is necessary to use a liver-shrinking diet for 2-4 weeks before the operation. The purpose of this is to improve the feasibility of the operation. The diet is a low-carbohydrate, 1,200 kcal/day diet prepared by our dietician.
- In the evening before surgery, an anticoagulation injection is required. This can happen at our institution or even at home.
- 4 hours after surgery, patients usually get up and go to the toilet. We do not use a catheter during the operation.
- 12 hours after the operation, the patients can drink liquids, and on the second day after the operation, they can go home accompanied by a relative.
- A blood thinner injection is required for 2 weeks after the operation
- After the operation, you must follow a diet prepared by a dietitian for 6 weeks, after which you can eat solid, chunky food.
- A consultation with a specialist is required 6-8 weeks after the operation.
- All patients are required to take iron, calcium and multivitamin tablets daily for the rest of their lives, and receive vitamin B12 injections every 3 months.
We will send a detailed description of the post-surgery follow-up to your family doctor, but if needed, a doctor from the Duna Medical Center is also available to carry it out.
Current discount price for gastric bypass surgery1 950 000 Ft
Gastric bypass surgery2 174 000 Ft